RSS

It was easier for me to approach the Non-Muslim...



Alhamdulillah, we have just finished the Islam Awareness Week, here held in University of Adelaide. 

*yeiyyy~ \ (^o^) /

I would say it was pretty a 'BOMB'.. haha

I mean, yes, definitely many Muslims come.

But, surprisingly, the not-yet-Muslims also came in.

I've seen some of them came two days in a row.

Some came in because they were invited by the volunteers.

However, there are also some not-yet-Muslims came with their own will.

They were sort of like searching for his purpose of life.

There are also, some of them were searching for answers

As well, to get to know Islam more about it.




Well, as you can see in these two posters, there are many great stuffs going on throughout the awareness week.

(^o^)v


Personally, it is not just an awareness week for the others....

But for the muslims as well.

Especially during a session with the reverts.

We looked at how their struggle to find Islam and to live as a Muslim within a non-Muslim family.

And they have shown how they appreciated Islam so much and how it was the most beautiful thing that had ever happened in their life.

(I had teary eyes during this session :P )

And one of them were saying that during solat is the most peaceful and relaxing moment.

Never had anything else provide such comfort to them besides solat.

It's the ultimate relaxing, comforting and peaceful moments in life.

As a born muslim, we tend to be too comfortable with our status as muslim.

To some extent, we don't even appreciate this Deen. 

We don't even feel that it is the greatest gift from Allah to us.

Whereas this new reverts, I can see how they really appreciate this Deen compare to their own life.

And I would dare say, if Salahuddin Al-Ayubi were to choose his army during this era.

He would definitely go for the new reverts.

Shame on us, born Muslims. May Allah guides us :)


And another great findings and my personal thought as well

I tend to think, not-yet-Muslims are more eager to talk about Islam.

They are willing to know, willing to learn.

Than some Muslims I have encountered.

Hmm... why? Shouldn't Muslims itself be interested in their own religion?

What could have gone wrong.

I remember talking to some Japanese, their names are Yoshiki, Yusuke, Taro and Keiko

I did start the conversation with Japanese language.

And from there, they are more open to converse with me. They see a very small barrier between me and them.

Well, I think that is the ultimate benefits for me to learn Japanese. \ (^o^) /

When we talk in their language, they are more fond of us and more upon towards us.

Then it makes me easier to talk to them about Islam. 

Eventhough they are not familiar with Islam (most Japanese are), but they are willing to hear.

And they admit, it was a new concept to them and it was hard to grab it. 

Especially, since they were born as an atheist.

However, surprisingly, after I have strongly encouraged them

They actually went to the awareness week and got them a copy of tranlated Quran.

They want to know more. 

They want to know who is this One God called Allah.

アッラーはどなたですか? (Who is Allah)

May Allah guide them.. (^^)


that's Yoshiki with my 'brother' Zul, who gave him the translated Quran. (^-^)

Looking back...

Into my Muslim friends

Let me take an example, when I said politely that you shouldn't go out on a date before marriage.

You know what they say???

"Man... mind your own business. I know what I'm doing. You're just jealous."

Or when I asked, Let's go to Usrah..

"That's boring stuff... I already know those things."

We give excuses and avoid being closer to Allah.

We feel awkward and strange when we talk about Islam and getting closer to Allah in everyday life.

As if it was only meant to be spoken during Tazkirah and in Masjid ONLY.

WHY???

Looking back into Malaysia...

People are going away from Islam, whereas in Australia.. people are coming to Islam

Why?

Because they see happiness and solutions in it.

They realize that...

"YES....THIS IS THE MANUAL OF LIFE THAT I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR.

YES....THIS IS THE MISSING PART THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.

YES....THIS IS THE HAPPY LIFE THAT I WANT.

YES....THIS IS THE PATH GOD WANTS ME TO TAKE."


Let's just take some time out and ponder into this matter, my brothers and sisters in Islam.

What is actually wrong with us?


*If you feel that my words have slapped you really hard, then, don't worry. It was meant to be that way. I was slapped earlier, so I want to slap you guys damn hard as well. hehe :)




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Unknown said...

that's right ;) well thanks for this great entry, you learn from your own experience,

Post a Comment