RSS

Walk your talk!





I do agree that doing da'wah or trying to spread good on this Planet require us to walk our talk. We lead the people, our target of da'wah (mad'u), by example. Through our good akhlak and manners that agrees to Islam.

"Man, how on earth is that gonna work if you're not telling them what they should do?"

     Well, we can debate all day long about this, by this my 2 cents and my experience.

     I agree that we do have to tell our mad'u, the people out there, what to do and what not to do. And as a da'ie, someone who's in the path of da'wah and tarbiyyah, we do have our weekly Halaqah (or famously known as Usrah) with our mutarabbi (the people who join Usrah) and we can talk about a lot of things that will make them nodding and responsive throughout the Halaqah. 

     But, a da'ie should know that our relationship with our mutarabbi does not end in Halaqah, we also do have an engagement with them outside Usrah (which is very important cos this is when you practically show what you have talked about during Usrah), or whenever we meet (planned or accidently bumped-into) them in a setting outside of Usrah. Just so you know, that our mutarabbi or mad'u is not stupid. They are (most of the time) a very critical analyst - *gulp. Cos that's when they analyse and start thinking, if we are actually serious about what we're talking about the whole night during the Halaqah.

     So, if you're not acting accordingly, everything that you ever talked about during the Halaqah will be nullified and they'll start thinking..

"Eleh... sembang lebat je abang ni. Suruh ni la, suruh tu la."

     Yup, I agree that this mutarabbi of yours should listen to what you said, not what you do. But seeing his Murabbi (someone who leads the Usrah) acting pretty much the same as he is, not walking his talk, why would they want to listen to you the next time? Why would they want to seek you again for some advice to be a better Muslim?

     Talking and advicing to them is one thing. Showing them example to follow is another thing. Leading by example, often keeps your mutarabbi or mad'u thinking, more than if you advice them all day long and not providing them solution/s on how to do it. It will eventually got nullified. Yes I do agree it is a long process (and it can be very very long.... true story), but a surely process compare to lecturing them without walking your talk. One personal experience that occurs to me was when I updated my status..




     And this was one of the comments...




     And that particular thing that he said to me happened like 7 years ago when I actually did those things. I'm not trying to show off cos this is the only thing I've ever made and I basically saying this as a reminder for myself cos most of the time, we're doing da'wah hoping that it will give an instant impact when it is not. Doing da'wah and hoping for the result to appear instantly can make someone slipped and leave this path of da'wah. Cos da'wah is a long process (Alhamdulillah if Allah make it easy for you). However, if a da'ie look at how big the bonus it can give to the Akhirat, the 'ajr (pahala) that you're making for every single drop of sweat, every breath of tiredness, gasping for air that you have done, then, in shaa Allah you'll be motivated.


*just my 2 cents. Enough said, time for Maghrib prayers. I do need to start walking my talk... >.<


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment